The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre is set to open on June 14! Here’s the inside scoop on the venue and performances announced (so far) for this summer.
First Things First
In case you missed it: The region’s newest outdoor entertainment venue, The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre, is nearing completion. Once finished, it will include a state-of-the-art stage, high-quality sound system, lighting and multiple concession areas– all situated inside the new Riverfront Park. The venue offers plenty of green spaces with great views of the Downtown Youngstown skyline. This 4,800-person facility is intended to be an entertainment destination, hosting both concerts and local events.
When Can I Visit?
Great question! You can see it all for yourself on June 14, at the Amphitheatre’s free First Look event. Gates open at 5:00pm for a first official look and kick off to the summer concert season featuring local favorites The Sensations, Geo C and Tha Storm and more.
Here’s the Amphitheatre’s summer lineup so far:
- June 15 @ 7:30pm | Michael Stanley and The Resonators with Donnie Iris and The Cruisers
- June 22 @ 7:00pm | Gucci Mane
- June 28 @ 8:00pm | Chicago
- July 5 @ 8:00pm | Earth, Wind & Fire
- July 13 @ 7:00pm | Youngstown Wine & Jazz Festival featuring Norman Brown
- July 19 @ 9:00pm | Drive In Movie Night – Jurassic Park ‘93
- August 2 @ 7:30pm | Brett Eldredge
- August 10 @ 8:00pm | The Music of Queen with The Youngstown Symphony Orchestra
- August 11 @ 5:00pm | MUDDFEST 2019 – featuring Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, Trapt, Sponge and Tantric
- August 17 @ 7:15pm | The City of You – Funk, Soul and R&B Night featuring The Ohio Players
- August 27 @ 7:00pm | Steely Dan
- September 5 @ 7:30pm | Rob Thomas
Tickets are on sale now for all concerts and events and can be purchased at The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre website. Please be sure to view their policies before you go. Be the first to receive updates: Sign up for the Amphitheatre’s newsletter and follow its social accounts at @yfamphitheatre.
Where to Eat
The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre is close to lots of delicious Downtown dining spots. Before the concert, enjoy an Italian meal at Roberto’s Italian Ristorante or grab a specialty burger from The Federal. Check out the eclectic menu at The Kitchen Post or snack on a pretzel or German food at Rhine Haus Bier Hall. During the concert, take advantage of the many concession stands that will be open inside the Amphitheatre. Afterwards, get drinks at V2 Wine Bar Trattoria (open until 2:30am on Fridays and Saturdays), O’Donold’s Irish Pub & Grill (open until 2am every day), or pour your own with the self-service taps at Whistle & Keg. For a complete list of restaurants and bars near the Amphitheatre, visit this page of our website. Friendly reminder: Make sure to have a designated driver or driving service at the ready if you’ve been drinking.
Need a place to stay?
Local hotels in the Austintown, Boardman, Canfield and North Lima areas are all within minutes of downtown Youngstown. Or choose the new DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Youngstown, located (you guessed it) right near the Amphitheatre. Once you purchase concert tickets, make sure to book your stay.
Outdoor entertainment is about to take the Youngstown area by storm. Are you ready? For more information about The Youngstown Foundation Amphitheatre and all upcoming local concerts, visit our Facebook page or take a look at our website!